2015/04/21

Add that to my growing list of life experiences.

Looking back, I could have made different decisions. If I could have seen back then what is now, I might have. It's almost humorous how much I poured into it, now with no hope of any return.

But what is, is. I made each choice as I knew best at the time. After all, this was my first rodeo. I console myself in the fact that I couldn't have foreseen that coming, that it wasn't necessarily something I did wrong. And when it came down to it, whether for good or ill, each decision had to be made, and I made them. I decided to make a move, even when I didn't know what the heck I was doing. What's done is done; I'm continuing to move forward. One day at a time. Because life keeps moving on.

Yesterday my car went kaput. After I put a new windshield on it. Eight days after I changed the oil. Less than a week after I put a few hundred dollars of work into it. A gallon after I topped it off. Since I can't keep pouring money into it, I decided to cut my losses, scrap it, and get something more reliable. At least I got to ride in a tow truck.

Add that to my growing list of life experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add something to the conversation...