2014/02/09

Mexico

I like to think that people read this blog. So this post is to keep all my followers happy while I finalise some piece I've written. Basically, I'm flying to Mexico in 27 days!

This spring, I have a really cool opportunity to fly to Mexico on a mission trip to help at an orphanage in Camichines, a small village outside of Guadalajara. Blythefield (my church in Grand Rapids) has had connections with the people there for years and has sent many people down there. I’ll be flying out of Grand Rapids on March 8 with a team from Blythefield and staying in Mexico after the group leaves. I’ll fly home in May.

While I’m down there, I will be doing whatever I can to assist with the self-sustaining orphanage: feeding and caring for animals, egg production, hauling water, assisiting in teaching Bible class, and caring for the general needs of the children. The team will be working on construction projects around the orphanage. In addition, I will help Chuy, the guy in charge, however I can.

I can’t step into an endeavor like this lightly. I need to have people who are praying for me as I prepare, travel, and debrief my trip. I ask that you pray for my heart as I prepare, for safety traveling, for wisdom in caring for the people there, and for safety for the children. I want Jesus Christ to be glorified through everything I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Add something to the conversation...