2014/02/27

I'm Snow Tired of Winter

"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7 (ESVUK)

This idea and, "It could be worse..." have gotten me this far through the Northern Michigan winter. I like having a white Christmas, but after that, I'm done with snow. It has finally come down to a choice: hibernation or flying south for the duration of the winter. I was born in Michigan, so I'm as tough as the next guy. But that's exactly it! I'm a Michigander: I enjoy being outside. I haven't been able to be outside for many months. Therefore, I'm flying to Mexico next week.

I've talked here on this blog about Mexico, so you may be aware I'm going to help at an orphanage in Camichines, Mexico for the next few months. I'm flying down next Saturday with a group who is going for a week of building projects. 

Okay, yes, I'm bored and seeking adventure. But I'm looking for more than excitement. I'm looking forward to many opportunities to learn about things like people, agriculture, and travel. I'm excited to get out of my normal (winter, Michigan, high school), and step into a new unknown. I'm excited to make a move and do something

The Mexican weather is just a nice added bonus.


I'll try to keep y'all updated with words and hopefully occasionally pictures, but also go check out Postcards from Preppy Bohemia for updates from my friend Lex. (Don't worry, I'm going to lobby her to change the name to Postcards from Classy Camichines for the next few weeks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add something to the conversation...